Agora Holdings Inc. (AGHI) is a Canada-based diversified entertainment and media company who, under its subsidiary Geegle Media, has developed a multi-platform video entertainment website to participate in the giant $30.29 billion digital streaming market.
Digital streaming is the becoming the future for the entire entertainment industry as music, movies, user-created content, news, and more are now all popularly viewed and searched online. Given this monumental paradigm shift, market analysts predict the entire digital streaming media industry will reach $70.05 billion by 2021.
Through AGHI’sGeegle Media, the company is bringing together the best in technology and media and combining the movie aspect of Netflix, the broadcast TV capability of Hulu, the music playing feature of iHeart Radio, and the top stories of CNN and Yahoo all into one platform. Viewers in Canada, Europe and the U.S. will soon be able to view streaming content through this multi-video platform.
Moreover, AGHI has also Introduced to the Public a Social Media App known as FRAME that is designed to simplify online communication as an organizational tool for managing popular social media and subscription based accounts. Available for both Android and iOS, FRAME operates as a single hub where users can log into multiple social media accounts and simultaneously manage them into one secure and accessible location. The unique design allows the users to post their content on all or selective accounts in addition to viewing news feed and content from each of their social media networks without having to separately logging into each one.
- The internet has over 3.17 billion users worldwide.
- Market analysts predict the entire digital streaming media industry will reach $70.05 billion by 2021.
- In 2006, Google purchased YouTube for $1.65billion
- In 2011, Microsoft purchased Skype for $8.5 billion
- In 2014, Facebook bought WhatsApp for $19 billion and set a new tone for dotcom buyouts.
- LinkedIn simply took a social media platform and tailored it for the business world which resulted in one of the largest IPO’s.
- Q1 of 2014 was the last time broadcast TV had more viewers than the internet.
- Entertainment media companies are increasing their advertising budget for the digital medium and spending less on broadcast TV and cable.
- As of September 2016, Facebook became the first social network to exceed over 1 billion in registered accounts and currently has over 1.71 billion monthly active users.
- Instagram has over 500 million monthly active accounts while Tumbler has over 555 million active users
- The average internet user has 5.54 social media accounts.